Q: I put a engine out of a 2007 malibu in the 2005 cobolt. Why will the engine not start

Is there any difference in the heads? I can't get it to fire.

Hi there. Check all of the sensors to the engine and make sure that all of them are connected. Check the computer and see if there is an wires disconnected to it. A loose wire on any electrical system will cause the engine to not start. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting after an engine swap, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I put a engine out of a 2007 malibu in the 2005 cobolt. Why will the engine not start