Q: Car won't start after alarm went off, 2001 Hyundai XG300

The alarm in my car went off all of a sudden during driving. The car shut off completely. I attempted to start it up again but it remained unresponsive. It doesn't even turn over. What might be wrong?

Hello there, this is a rare issue on the Hyundai XG300. The most likely causes would be a security control module, wiring fault, or a shorted wire. Any of these could cause the security system to engage while driving like this. You could try disabling the security system temporarily to see if this helps. If you would like to have this looked at for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting problem and assist with any repairs required.

3. Car won't start after alarm went off, 2001 Hyundai XG300