Q: My car is picking up speed slow and when I hit the gas it accelerate slow and when I stop the car want to stall out and smoke

asked by on July 06, 2017

Car picks up speed slow and stall out when I stop with white smoke and oil buring smell

White smoke in the exhaust, if fairly significant and continuous (i.e., present well after start-up), is a sign of an internal coolant leak. The oil burning could be internal (smoke in exhaust) or external (oil dripping on hot manifold, which is a fire hazard if that is occurring). Your best course is to request an engine stalling diagnostic. In the course of that diagnostic, the smoke issues will be investigated, too, although if it determined that you have an internal coolant leak through, for example, the head gasket, that will require some significant repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.