Q: I have a broken flex pipe

asked by on July 31, 2016

I need to travel over 150-200 miles for work. Will my car have any problems with the flex pipe being broken.

Yes, you may have a problem driving with a broken flex pipe on your 2000 Hyundai Accent. You may get fumes inside the vehicle, overheat, or burn wiring or floor insulation. You can overheat the manifold and exhaust valves also - especially on longer drives as you mentioned. I would recommend that you do not drive it at all until this is fixed. Have a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car and assist you with repairs.