Q: Can you help me figure out why my ABS and brake lights come on at the same time?

The ABS and brake light both come on at the same time while driving, could you give me an idea of what is wrong?

Hi, thanks for writing in. In order to know what is causing the lights to come on, you would need to have the ABS module scanned to see what codes are stored. You could be low on brake fluid or one of the wheel speed sensors are not reading correctly. The ABS will be disabled any time the lights are on and the brakes should work as a brake system without ABS brakes. If you notice any loss of braking or complete loss of fluid in the system, then the vehicle should not be driven until the system is diagnosed and repaired. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

• Can you help me figure out why my ABS and brake lights come on at the same time?