Q: No throttle response

asked by on February 02, 2018

Call ran hot now I have no throttle response 2 days later .

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the vehicle was severely overheating, the heat could have damaged components including key sensors. At the same time the loss of power is diagnosed, or once there is a diagnosis, obviously the cause of the overheating has to be sought as well and any necessary repairs made. Among common possibilities for loss of power are throttle body faults (electronic throttle controls, mass airflow sensor, torn air intake hose), worn out spark plugs, faulty fuel pump or restricted fuel system, and large vacuum leaks (including EGR malfunctions, PCV system, leaking intake manifold, leaking EVAP purge valve). A scan tool would be used to look at real time conditions within the engine (particularly fuel trim, etc.) and identify the root cause. If you want these diagnostic tests performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a loss of power inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.