Q: Dash lights not turning on

My daughter has a 2002 S60 Volvo, and the dash lights are out. First they wouldn't turn off, and now they will not turn back on.

A: The computer system would need to be checke...

The computer system would need to be checked for codes, for the rheostat that controls the lights to the instrument panel. If all the other lights work from the dimmer control, then an instrument cluster internal issue may be the cause. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come by and run a diagnostic for the issues with your dash lights, and other electrical components.