both back doors wont open latches v6-4.0l explorer ford 1...

Q: both back doors wont open

asked by on June 25, 2017

Both back doors on the car won't open from either inside or from the outside

Hello, thank you for writing in. Due to the fact both doors are having this issue suddenly, it is likely an electrical issue. The doors are likely locked, either due to the child-safety lock or the standard lock you have control of from the driver’s door. Regardless, you are going to have to start by removing the panel on the door(s) from the inside. This may be hard, but can be done. From there you can unlock the door(s) and continue with testing. Repairs can be made once you know what the issue is. For more help with diagnostics and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.