Q: when I turn my ac on my cars idle drop and stalls out and the ac is hot

asked by on June 05, 2017

I recharged my ac and the next day the ac is hot and the car idle drops low when the ac compressor kicks on and stalls out. I checked if the ac compressor was locked up but it spins freely and when the car is on I can see the compressor spinning. the car only idles out when the compressor is activated but runs fine when the ac is turned off. I live in Florida please help

Hello, thank you for writing in. Although the pulley is still spinning, the compressor has likely failed. If it is not properly regulating pressure in the system, one of the first signs is a warm air conditioner. Considering yours is not cooling off, the pressures are not correct. If you believe the compressor is working correctly, you may want to check for a clogged line before replacing it. Keep in mind, a blocked line has likely put extra strain on the compressor, and may cause premature failure. For more help with testing or replacing the compressor, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.