I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe and when I get in it to st...

Q: I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe and when I get in it to start it it want start but the lights and radio come on but if I set maybe

asked by on July 31, 2017

My 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe has not been starting when I get in to start the radio and lights come on but if I sit for about 5 minutes it starts could it be my ignition switch

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having issues with the starter itself. When it is not starting, you want to check the power supply to the starter. If the starter has a full 12 volt supply, the starter is not working and is going to need replacing. If the starter does not have at least 10 volts, the issue lies between the battery and the starter. At that point, you want to check your relays and battery connections first. From there, you can look into the ignition switch, but they are one of the least likely components to fail unless they have sustained damage. For more help with testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.