Q: I have 2003 Chevy Silverado my problem is I can only listen to my radio in auxiliary when I start the truck radio will not work.

asked by on March 14, 2018

I have a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado and the problem is when I put the key in auxiliary the radio works but when I start it will no longer work. Thanks

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Dennis. Thanks for contacting us today. What you’re describing is typically caused by an electrical short inside the ignition switch or with the electrical relay that is faulty. The first thing I would do is determine if other accessory items are shorting out when the car is started. If not, then this issue is restricted to the stereo system. The problem is trying to locate the root issue can be very time consuming and frustrating, so you might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an electrical inspection so they can isolate the root issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr