Q: Rpm's started to rise to around 1400 when idling and a dash message lit up saying reduce engine power.

The rpms rose to 1400 an stayed there at idle an the light came on that said reduce engine power and when i went to hit the gas pedal nothing happened and then i started it up again 30 minutes later and everything was fine

Hi there. Check the idle air control valve (IAC) on your vehicle. This valve is what controls the idle and is most likely stuck or has failed. When turning off the vehicle and then turning it back on, the valve will reset its self to normal settings. Replace the valve if you find that its not responding. If you need further assistance with diagnosing the idle air control valve on your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Rpm's started to rise to around 1400 when idling and a dash message lit up saying reduce engine power.