Q: Key won't turn, Hyundai the steering wheel not locked can't turn at all. Happened before but now key not turning 2007 Hyundai Sonata

Key does not turn in the ignition steering will is not locked I've done the front and back motion it's happened several times but now it does not turn. I even tried my spAre key.

Hi there - your symptoms suggest the key tumbler - the actual lock portion of the ignition switch - has a stuck pin/spring combination. I suggest squirting a bit of dry graphite lubricant into the key opening, then insert the key and work at turning the key. Other liquid light lubricants can also be used (WD-40 is the classic, but liquids attract dust and dirt, and have a bit of a smell. For assistance, I recommend a ignition key won’t turn inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Key won't turn, Hyundai the steering wheel not locked can't turn at all. Happened before but now key not turning 2007 Hyundai Sonata