Q: Shaking at the front end of the car

asked by on July 22, 2016

Lately, while I'm driving at 48-62 mph, the front end of the car at the passenger's side starts shaking badly. If I drive outside this speed range, I have no problems at all. The car runs fine. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Saturn became aware of a vibration like you are describing on many of their vehicles and designed a fix for it more than 10 years ago. The fix is described in Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 00-T-57A. It calls for installing their Powertrain Dampener Kit. I would still start with checking the lug nut to see if it torqued correctly, inspecting for a missing wheel weight, and having your tires balanced.