Q: Coolant leaking out

My car is leaking coolant. I don't know if the starter might need to be changed.

It appears that you may have a couple of different issues going on with your Toyota. Addressing the coolant leak first is very important, as if it is left untreated, the engine can overheat and serious damage can occur. Coolant can leak from a large variety of areas and depending on the size and location of the leak, it can be difficult to spot.

I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and perform a pressure test on your cooling system. This test will expose the source of the coolant leak so the mechanic can make the repairs necessary to keep your cooling system sealed. They will also be able to check the starting & charging system to determine if your starter is having intermittent problems.

3. Coolant leaking out