Q: Car alarm goes off every time when unlocking with a factory remote (remote auto start installed).

I recently changed the battery on the auto start remote (AstroStart 3106U) just to get the auto start function to work after months. Now every single time when I try pressing the unlock button on the factory remote, both the factory alarm and the auto start alarm go off. I don't want to annoy my neighbors every time I get in the car. How do I get both remotes to work properly again without setting off the alarm? Thank you for your time.

Hi there. After replacing the battery in the key fob remote, you will need to reprogram the remote to the vehicle. This is why the alarm is being tripped for the computer is not recognizing the remote. If you need further assistance with your remote, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Car alarm goes off every time when unlocking with a factory remote (remote auto start installed).