Q: Car won't go forward and is leaking - 1992 Mercedes Benz 300TE

My car was parked at the mall parking lot. When I was done shopping I got in the car, started it up, backed out of my parking spot in reverse then put it into drive, and it would't go forward. But I finally got it to go 10 mph when I revved it up from 4000 to 5000 rpms. I noticed a big leak near the front of the car from a hose with a metal spiral wrapped around it. The fluid was red in color, so it must be transmission fluid. Do you know what I can do to fix this?

A: Hey there. If the line is broken, then it h...

Hey there. If the line is broken, then it has to be replaced. The line is a special transmission cooler line. You may need to use dealer supplied parts for this repair only. The transmission should not be tried to drive it until the line is fixed or damage will occur. If you would like to have this checked by someone else, I would have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic diagnose the acceleration issue and leak to have this addressed appropriately.