Q: My gear stick moves but my car won't move. It was extremely low on oil. Added some 2 days later. Do you think it locked?

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry, 80,000 miles I always got a oil change every 3 months. My car was running extremely low on oil and I forgot about it til 2 days later I added some but while the car was hot (just drove in to work) my car was running fine no jumping or skipping. Then 2-3 more days later it just stop moving. I can turn the car on and move the gears but the car won't move out of park, my dad said the transmission fluid is full. A little too full. But he didn't check the engine stick. Do u think the engine could have locked? I'm waiting for someone to look over it now.

A: Hi there. If you can turn on the engine, t...

Hi there. If you can turn on the engine, then the engine did not lock. This could be a cause of the transmission having an issue. Check the transmission shifter cable to see if it has broken or came off of the transmission. If the cable is fine, then it is possible that the computer has put the vehicle into limp mode making it not able to move. Keep in mind, if your engine was running hotter than normal, the engine could be running fine but the transmission could have overheated. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to assist you with the vehicle not moving.