Q: Spark Plug Order?

I disconnected my spark plug coil caps from my 2004 Ford Taurus (engine 3.0 V6) and replugged them back exactly where i removed them from (There is no chance I put them in the wrong spots). I did however plug them back in, in a random order (ie. top left, then bottom right, etc). Now my car's check engine light is on and my car is shaking very hard while parked or when driving (when applying gas). Was i supposed to plug them back in, in a certain order? ie. first- top left, second- top middle, third- top right, etc?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

Hi there. Plugging in the spark plug wires does not require a specific order; however, as you indicated they need to be plugged in to the correct location on the distributor cap and the corresponding spark plug. The vibration could be caused by an electrical harness that connects to an ignition sensor or fuel system component that may have been removed during your service or, more commonly a vacuum leak. Try to check those areas and see if that clears up your problem. If not, it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a car is vibrating inspection.

3. Spark Plug Order?