Q: Hit the curb and front wheel (right side) completely misaligned 2006 BMW 325i

Hi, Today, when I went to fill gas I hit my car with the curb because of ice. The right front wheel was misaligned and I couldn't drive it anymore. I needed to tow it to back. I found there is a crack in that rim and control rod was bent like curve. When I took it to a auto repair shop, they said I need to change at least front two rims and following these: 1. R&R both lower control arms 2. Lower control arm rearward 3. Lower control arm forward 4. R&R RF inner Tie rod end 5. RF Outer Tie rod end 6. RF Inner Tie rod end 7. wheel Alignment etc

The quote is around $1600 with 4 rim and labor. My question is: 1. Do I really need to change both front rim because of a crack in one rim? 2. Do you think those parts are really relevant to change because of that hit?

Thanks! Kaiser

Hello - based on the description of your accident, yes, the repair list makes sense. As to replacing both front rims, there may additional damage to the 2nd rim - ask them to explain. Otherwise, the repair list makes sense, given your description.

3. Hit the curb and front wheel (right side) completely misaligned 2006 BMW 325i