Q: Car misfiring after timing belt was replaced. 1997 Honda Civic

I just had my timing belt replaced two days ago bc it jumped time while I was driving it. I picked it up yesterday from the mechanics house. He was already in bed so I didn't speak to him but my car was having trouble starting and I thought it was just the battery, but It completely died at the first gas station I stopped at and I had to get jumped. But it idles really rough now and has even died in the middle of the road when coming to a stop. The check engine light will start blinking when I'm at a red light but it'll stop once I get going...I changed all the spark plugs yesterday thinking that might help but it didn't really...my uncle said the timing belt could be offset...what I really need to know is driving my car while it's like that going to mess it up more? I have to go out of town tonight for work and it's a 3 hour drive there then I would have to drive 3 hours back. But I would go straight back to the mechanic once back. I just really don't want to risk causing more damage.

Timing Belt Replacement $295.56 - $1284.62 Get a Quote

Hello - obviously, you still have a timing belt issue. From a safety point of view, and the real possibility that further, even catastrophic, damage could be done to your engine, I would not drive it further before repairs correct this situation. For a trusted repair, I recommend a timing belt replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.