Q: Car misfiring after timing belt was replaced. 1997 Honda Civic

I just had my timing belt replaced two days ago bc it jumped time while I was driving it. I picked it up yesterday from the mechanics house. He was already in bed so I didn't speak to him but my car was having trouble starting and I thought it was just the battery, but It completely died at the first gas station I stopped at and I had to get jumped. But it idles really rough now and has even died in the middle of the road when coming to a stop. The check engine light will start blinking when I'm at a red light but it'll stop once I get going...I changed all the spark plugs yesterday thinking that might help but it didn't really...my uncle said the timing belt could be offset...what I really need to know is driving my car while it's like that going to mess it up more? I have to go out of town tonight for work and it's a 3 hour drive there then I would have to drive 3 hours back. But I would go straight back to the mechanic once back. I just really don't want to risk causing more damage.

Hello - obviously, you still have a timing belt issue. From a safety point of view, and the real possibility that further, even catastrophic, damage could be done to your engine, I would not drive it further before repairs correct this situation. For a trusted repair, I recommend a timing belt replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car misfiring after timing belt was replaced. 1997 Honda Civic