Q: Car won't move in any gear

Car won't move in any gear. The engine revs up but when I press the gas after putting it into any gear it doesn't move

I’ll provide the basics since there is no specific vehicle information included. generally with a manual transmission, if the vehicle does not move when placed in any gear, the clutch is usually the culprit. The clutch disc may be worn to the point that it is not connecting the engine and transmission together to move the vehicle.Other possible causes can be shifter linkage or failed components inside the transmission. If the vehicle is an automatic, the clutches can also be worn but it can be a hydraulic issue as well. A faulty front pump or valve body can reduce hydraulic pressure to the point that the fluid is not under enough pressure to move the vehicle.

Have a local transmission specialist inspect the vehicle to determine the cause.

3. Car won't move in any gear