Q: Hello I have a Chevy impala 2013 the A.c. stopped blowing air a few days ago. Then an error code came up saying engine hot A.C. of

asked by on October 13, 2017

Hello I have a Chevy impala 2013 the A.c. stopped blowing air a few days ago. Then an error code came up saying engine hot A.C. off. However the temperature gage is where it should be. If you let the car sit for a few hours not on the error code goes away. Now the check engine light is on. Any ideas?

The resolution to this, and the answer to your question, will depend on exactly what trouble codes were stored when the check engine light (CEL) illuminated. To have the fault(s) that caused the CEL to illuminate pinpointed and repaired, please request a check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get that taken care of for you. Once the faults behind the CEL are resolved, the error message relative to the a/c system, if it remains, can be dealt with. The latter error message, that is "hot engine, A/C off" is a known issue in certain GM models (such as yours) and the reported fixes have varied from replacement of the thermostat to repair of faulty connections at the body control module. In your circumstance, inasmuch as the a/c fault is accompanied by illumination of the CEL, the latter should be addressed first as it is possible such will resolve all issues. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.