Q: Front brake gets locked up - 1983 Jeep CJ7

asked by on September 26, 2016

My car has a manual brake system and I've been experiencing an issue with the front brake that gets locked up. I am able to drive if I bleed the brakes. This would help relieve the pressure but the following time I start driving, the brake would get locked up again. I had the master cylinder replaced. The rubber brake hose and caliper are new as well. I put some synthetic fluid as well. What else can I do?

Brake System Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Have the residual pressure valve for the locking brake checked for problems. Residual pressure valves maintain a very slight hydraulic pressure for each brake in order to make the brakes more responsive when you press the brake pedal. If it holds too much pressure, however, the brake could drag causing the problem you describe. Have a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to diagnose the brake system and perform appropriate repairs.