Q: Should I change my transmission fluid?

asked by on November 17, 2016

My mazda have a little dark transmission fluid. When i step on the gas all the way down very fast it takes a few second to shift and you can see how the rpm going up while the car is with the same acceleration. Someone told me if i change my transmission fluid it can be worst. Should i change my transmission fluid? Thanks

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $496.65 Get a Quote
Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this shifting issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr