Q: Does a hybrid engines radiator effect the oil engines cooling system...or could it cause oil engine to sludge up?

We have had an ongoing radiator issue with our 2012 Kia optima hybrid. The radiator was repaired when way purchased and now 3yrs and 60,000miles later dealer is saying engine is sluged and it's had nothing to do with the hybrid radiator. Plus the dummy lights have never come on to notify me of an issue nor had the temp gage ever reached the red and dealer mechanics had it 2 times prior to a system failure and changed hybrid oil filter due to a hole in it?

If your radiator was leaking, there are good chances that your engine overheated. Not knowing the vehicle history on the frequency of oil changes can make it difficult to diagnose over the internet. Oil changes should be performed every 3,000 miles like clockwork.

A radiator replacement arises concern as far as sludge. Is the dealer stating that the oil or coolant is sludged? In either case, flushes can be performed by a general repair facility for a low cost. A new radiator will not cause sludging unless you have deeper issues, such as lack of maintenance or deeper engine issues.

On another note, a hole in an oil filter causes additional concern. A proper diagnostic is required. Depending on your exact issue or problem, we will need some more history to help narrow down the problem. We will be gladly help pinpoint the source of this issue and check if your engine is overheated in order to make the necessary repairs to get you going once again.

3. Does a hybrid engines radiator effect the oil engines cooling system...or could it cause oil engine to sludge up?