Q: Can I use an alternator from a 1997 Ford Taurus for a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria?

Can I use a alternator of a 1997 Ford Taurus for a 1997 ford crown Victoria

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hi. I do not think the alternator from the ...

Hi. I do not think the alternator from the 1997 Ford Taurus will have the same mounting holes as the 1997 Ford Crown Victoria. The Ford Taurus is a six cylinder engine and the Crown Victoria is an eight cylinder engine, and the alternators for each engine carries different amps and will have a different electrical connector. The best thing to do is to get the proper alternator for your car. If you are trying to cut down on cost, try your local junkyard for the alternator.

If you need assistance, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to replace the alternator for you.