Q: My car does not have an immobilizer installed on it, but it is keeping my 2007 Honda CRV from starting.

How can I solve the following issues (I have had the car codes read and cleared) -Key immobilizer warning displays(mechanics say it's because the Immobilizer is missing) -In the morning when I start the engine odometer display shows no warning alarms. -As I move on, the following appear: mileage reading blinks, Key Missing, engine-check, ABS and VSA come on. How can I solve these issues?

Regards, Atupo

Hi there. If your vehicle is not equipped with the immobilizer system, but yet it is causing your vehicle not to start, then there is a problem with the engine control module. Most of the time the module can be reprogrammed to get the immobilizer to work properly again. If the reprogramming does not work it may need a new engine control module. I have also seen a bad ignition switch cause this. If the switch is not making good contact internally then this can occur. If you want to have this issue straightened out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose your no starting issue] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection

3. My car does not have an immobilizer installed on it, but it is keeping my 2007 Honda CRV from starting.