Q: I replaced my fuel pump on my 04 suburban but it still will not crank. Could this mean my new fuel pump is bad?

I replaced my fuel pump on my truck but its not cranking now. How would i know if the new fuel pump is actually good?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

A bad fuel pump is only one of many reasons why a truck might not start. The way to test a fuel pump is to put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail and measure the fuel pressure and volume. If you didn’t do this test, it’s possible that you were barking up the wrong tree when you replaced the pump. An engine needs fuel to run but it also needs air, ignition source, and compression. A proper diagnosis is a process of determining what is missing and why. If you contact YourMechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Suburban and let you know what it will take to get it going again.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr