Q: How do I use the lane change signals?

How do I use the lane change signals?

A: You should always use your signals when you...

You should always use your signals when you are changing lanes, to alert drivers around you that you are doing so. You can signal a lane change with the turn signal lever, which is located on the left side of the steering column. To signal a right lane change, pull the lever up slightly, and hold it until you have changed lanes. To signal a left lane change, pull the lever down slightly, and hold it until you have changed lanes. When you release the lever, it will return to its original position and the signal will stop.

Tip

Not only are lane change signals important safety features, but their use is legally required.