Q: Follow up to my previous question about location of coolant temp sensor on 2005 vw jetta 2.5. Answer was that it is located on ri

Follow up to my previous question about location of coolant temp sensor on 2005 vw jetta 2.5. Answer was that it is located on right side, top of engine. Do you have to remove that plastic engine covering to get to it? thanks

Based on the diagrams, yes the sensor does appear to be obscured by the engine cover and so you have to remove the cover. Note that if the wiring is accessible you can simply test the sensor. It is a thermistor and you can compare the resistance versus temperature readings and see if they match the factory spec.

3. Follow up to my previous question about location of coolant temp sensor on 2005 vw jetta 2.5. Answer was that it is located on ri