Q: How much to replace engine for 2001 oldsmobile aurora

Was ticking right after oil change and won't start Due to possible Oil leak and while driving from work it cut off at a red light. I was quoted a price of around $1800-2000 for the complete repair of vehicle... that include the engine replacement and fixing oil leak... I just want to know if that is too much or reasonable? Please help? Bwrightdabear@Gmail.com

A: Hi there: Replacing an engine is not as ea...

Hi there:

Replacing an engine is not as easy as it used to be due to the multiple electrical sensors and components that frequently don’t align perfectly after the engine swap. In regards to cost of the engine and replacement; it really depends on the condition of the engine, whether they are resetting ECU and ensuring it starts correctly each time. If they will guarantee their work, then that price quote seems rather reasonable. Good luck.