Q: Dealership left oil cap off after oil change.

I took my new Ram Promaster City into the dealership for its first oil change scheduled under their service plan. I drove for about 1k miles within a few days until i noticed the oil coming from under the hood, sure enough they left the oil cap near the hood latch. After they "cleaned" the engine compartment i noticed they did an extremely piss poor job and inspecting it more i noticed the engine filter/housing was drenched in oil still.

My question is, is it safe to assume there is damage to the intake system with all the oil in the filter/housing?

I would not assume anything. Have them detail the engine good and clean any oil up. Do a completely new oil and filter change and make sure the cap is installed properly. If you would rather have another mechanic take a look, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the oil situation and perform any services as needed.