Q: Gear shift locked up

My gear shift is locked up and will not shift.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Does the shifter move out of park? If the shifter moves but the car does not come out of park something has broken in your shifter. If you can not move the shifter out of park there is a problem with the shift lock in your vehicle. This system does not allow the shifter to come out of park unless the driver’s foot is hold the brake pedal. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to diagnose why your car will not come out of park.