Q: Car making clunking noise in rear

When I accelerate, the car makes a clunking noise from the rear end.

A: Along the vehicle, the drivetrain has many ...

Along the vehicle, the drivetrain has many mounting points and suspension components to help the vehicle perform. These mounting locations generally include hydraulic and rubber mounts, which are considered maintenance items, as they do wear under stress. There are many components to consider, and I must advise you consult a mechanic to inspect the rear-end, and rear suspension. Usual failures include broken stabilizer bars, suspension links, or weak shock absorbers. Consider having one of our experts here at YourMechanic determine the source and cause of the clunking noise, and recommend the best path to repair.