Q: What happens if the battery in my electronic key gets low?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What happens if the battery in my electronic key gets low?

While your electronic key is definitely convenient, it is a battery-powered device. That means the battery will eventually run low and then die. You’ll need to replace it at that point, but how do you tell that the battery is getting weak? Here’s what you need to know:

• The battery should last between a year and two years, but your usage habits will affect this. If the remote doesn’t work, replace the battery.

• When the remote’s battery begins to die, you’ll hear an audible alert in the car after turning off the engine.

Tip

Don’t leave your electronic key within three feet of a TV, a laptop, PC, a cell phone being recharged or a table lamp to prevent the battery from being drained.