Q: Car not staying in gear

My car won't stay in gear.

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. You did not mention if you had an automatic or manual transmission. This can be caused by two different problems. The first cause could be that the transmission mounts allow movement of the transmission and knocks it out of gear. The most common cause is that the transmission internal locking ring synchronizers are worn out along with the internal linkage and is not allowing the transmission to stay in the desired gear. The problems above can be fixed by a certified mechanic, have them inspect why your vehicle will not stay in gear to eliminate any doubts.