Q: My car alerted me by saying a/c off due to high engine temperature.

Out of nowhere the a/c is off due to high engine temperate aleat came on...there was just a little water under the car from when I drove off but I swear I didn't have the a/c at all...it might just be left on the blue side when it's all turned off..should I be concerned?

Hi there. Check the coolant temperature and see if the engine is overheating. If the engine is overheating, then you want to check the upper radiator hose and see if the temperature is different or the same as the bottom radiator hose. If its different and not as hot, then the thermostat needs replaced. If the engine temperature is normal and you are getting this message, then the thermostat switch to the air conditioning system needs replaced. Keep in mind, if you use the defroster on your vehicle, the defroster works with the heater and air conditioning to dry the frost off the windows. If you need further assistance with the message on your dash, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.