Q: When putting foot on accelerator, brake, or shifter, car dies

My car starts properly and also sounds good, but the problem is when I put my foot on the accelerator, the brake, or engage the shifter, the car starts to sputter and then dies. When I called the dealership, they said it is probably in Lag mode and the ecm probably need to be reprogrammed. Before allowing them to go forward with this, can you tell me if this is what you would recommend too?

A few different faults can cause the vehicle to go into a limp mode. The ECU puts the car into this mode to prevent damage and will be associated with a Check Engine Light. The most likely causes are a misfire condition, catalytic converter, transmission malfunction or low fuel pressure. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the sputtering problem and perform any repairs required.

3. When putting foot on accelerator, brake, or shifter, car dies