Q: Q: How do I use the compass?

How do I use the compass?

Some models of the vehicle come equipped with a compass that is visible in front of the driver. The compass, in order to remain accurate, must be set to work in the zone that the vehicle is in. This is due to the way that the compass works within the vehicle. Changing this zone is easy:

1. In front of the driver, there is a small screen that can display data like mileage. By this display, there is a stem-like button that can also be rotated to switch between functions.

2. Press this stem until the CHANGE COMPASS ZONE message appears. This menu will allow you to change the zone of the compass. To find the zone that the vehicle is in, consult the manual (page 5-7).

3. Press the “set” button until the correct zone is shown. Next time the compass is brought up by pressing on the stem by the screen, it will be set to the correct zone.

4. Through this same menu, the compass can be calibrated. To do this, flip through the menu until the CALIBRATE COMPASS command comes up and, when selected, will require you to drive in tight circles until the compass can properly orient itself. The screen will read CALIBRATION COMPLETE when it is finished.

Tip

Only set the zone of the compass when the vehicle is stopped, and only calibrate the compass away from roads or other traffic.

3. Q: How do I use the compass?