Q: Car seats are extremely uncomfortable

The seats in my 2010 Honda Civic are very uncomfortable. I never expected the seats to be plush and luxurious, but the ones that came with this car are unbearable! My lower back and neck hurt after an hour or so driving. What is the best way to solve this problem? I don’t want to have the seats not match the rest of the interior. My car has only 45,000 miles on it.

A: From researching this issue, it seems to be...

From researching this issue, it seems to be a common concern with a few Honda models. In short, the seats are specifically designed for your vehicle. Seat engineers are tasked with having to meet certain safety standards set by the government. Safety components can include: seat belt buckle, head restraints, and side air bags. There are aftermarket seats you can purchase, however, it may be more cost effective to invest in a lumber support device or bottom-cushion. There are numerous aftermarket accessories to make car seats more comfortable. The best one for you will vary depending on your specific preference regarding ergonomics and comfort.