Q: No click no crank no start 2010 535i bmw

asked by on June 28, 2017

I have a 2010 535 BMW was driving on the highway and the car died on me I pulled over and tried to start it the dash lights came on but the car did not say anything no crank no start nothing has push button start. this problem just started about a week ago it did the same thing but I waited about 15 minutes and the car started and I drove it home this time nothing I tried to jump it still nothing I replaced the battery still nothing all the lights come on but does not engage starter I get message on my display saying fuel pump malfunction it said the same thing last time but went away after the car started.. this time it will not do anything please help I can afford to take it to a dealership cause I just started a new job and need my car.

Hi there. In most instances, when you have an issue where you turn the key and nothing happens, it’s caused by either an ignition relay or starter relay that is damaged. The relay sends an electrical signal to supporting components (like the starter, fuel pump and ignition system) when you turn the key or press the start button on cars with that option. However, it is also possible that is is a computer related problem. So, since there are multiple possible sources of this issue, it is probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection first. This will allow them to isolate the source of your problem and recommend the right repairs.