Q: Car stopped running twice in one week

Twice this past week, my car has stopped running. First, it was previously the fuses that were the problem. Now, I'm having to have it towed to the auto mechanic shop. I am hopeful that it will be the same problem. This problem is the only one that I've had with this car. When I was at the shop before (when they changed the fuses), they told me that these fuses are a common problem with this make/model. Can you give me an idea of how to fix this problem permanently?

If it fuses again, depending on which fuses are blowing, this would indicate a short circuit often to the ground. This can occur if the wiring harness has rubbed up against an edge of the body and has worn through the wiring insulation. These kinds of issues can be real hard to trace. You may get lucky and it may be due to a failed component that can just be replaced to resolve the problem. If, after this repair, this happens again you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic who can trace down the cause of the stalling issue and prevent this from happening in the future.