My car is clunking under passenger side with acceleration...

Q: My car is clunking under passenger side with acceleration. Car pulls to the right steering wheel moves like a clock ticks

asked by on September 25, 2017

My car clunks while excelorating under the passenger side the stearing wheel shakes violently and has the movement of like a clock ticking and pulls to the right a lot.

These sound like the symptoms of a loose front wheel. Don’t drive the car anymore until you have checked the lug nuts. If they are loose, and you have been driving like that for a while, there may be some damage to the wheel or to the studs that hold it on. Of course there could be some other problem like a problem in a CV joint, or a badly out-of -round tire. But I would start with the wheel nuts and work from there. If you feel better having a Pro look at this, you can have that conveniently done by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your clunking Ford and let you know what it will take to straighten it out.