Q: Should spark plugs be replaced early if 1999 buick century is over 18 years old?

asked by on September 18, 2017

should i have spark plugs replaced because of age of vehicle even though it is not yet at 100,000 miles?

Spark Plugs Replacement $98.11 - $669.97 Get a Quote

It certainly would not hurt to remove the spark plugs to take a look at them to determine if they need to be replaced. A normal looking spark plug will have a grayish tan color to the threads and electrode. In some cases the electrode may look burnt with a bit of a pinkish tint to it. In other cases it may be wet or black colored meaning that it may be fuel fouled. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle and inspect the spark plugs for replacing.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr