Q: Why does my heater only blow warm and not hot on my 2000 Dodge Stratus

While driving my car interior doesn't heat up very hot. It just blows warm air if drive for more than 15 minutes at a time. I am not sure that it may be a stuck thermostat. I believe it's stuck in the open position because it never overheats. I only drive my car 1.75 miles to work and that much back home in the afternoons. That means I don't feel any heat during my short commute to and from work. Any ideas?

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It does take some time for the coolant to get hot enough to blow hot inside of the vehicle. I usually start by checking the coolant level. Low coolant will cause this. If the coolant level is fine then you may have an issue with the thermostat being stuck in the open position. To diagnose this I would use a temperature gun to check the temperature of the hoses. I could also use this to see if there is a clog in the heat core, as that is common also. You should have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, check it out to see [why the heater is not getting hot] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/heater-is-not-working-inspection