Q: 2001 mitsubishi montero limited. Need to calibrate idle air valve.

asked by on July 06, 2017

Need to calibrate idle air valve. No access to scan tool. Is there some where i can ground at the obd port to hold IAC while i adjust the biss?

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. In order to properly adjust idle speed on this vehicle you will need a scan tool. The vehicle will need to be put in relearn mode to do so. Over time the computer will adapt on its own if you drive it enough, but it is best with a scan tool. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the idle is off] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/engine-idle-speed-is-high-inspection

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr