Q: Turbo wastegate stuck closed. Need solution.

Hi, my name is Chancey, I own a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 turbo. All stock except I have an after market cold air intake, an after market exhaust, and an after market air filter. When I start the car and I start driving and I'm going 10mph I don't hear anything except my exhaust, but when I go faster say 15-20mph, I hear my, what it sounds like, my air intake sucking in air. But that's not the problem... When I really push my car for about 15 minutes straight or longer, the engine light comes on, and what I mean by "push" is speed or go faster than the speed limit... and I took it to AutoZone with the light on, and they gave me a code, P2261. I feel slow. My car is supposed to push 210 hp. And it feels like 180hp. And sometimes when I do a u-turn I have zero throttle response. Like I'm pushing on the gas and nothing happens. But it only last 2 seconds before I start moving again. If you have any questions or answers, here is my e-mail...

A: Hello. P2261 is the code for an issue with ...

Hello. P2261 is the code for an issue with the vehicle's turbocharger bypass valve, also known as the wastegate. If the computer detects an issue with the wastegate circuit or signal it will activate the Check Engine Light in order to notify the driver of the issue. The wastegate plays an important role in regulating turbo boost pressure so that the engine can run efficiently. If it malfunctions, it can upset the delicate tune of the engine and cause performance issues. I would recommend testing the wastegate to see if it needs to be replaced, and then going from there. If you would like to have this inspected, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the throttling issue so that this can be addressed accordingly.