Q: Hi, I have my car (Hyundai sonata 2015)check engine light on. When I checked it on computer plug into the car, it says intake mani

asked by on October 01, 2017

Hi, I have my car (Hyundai sonata 2015)check engine light on. When I checked it on computer plug into the car, it says intake manifold P200a (bank 1) , what is the problem and what has to be fixed?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The P200A code is for the intake manifold runner. Like many other late model cars, your car has a variable length intake manifold to tune the intake length to the speed and driving conditions. This is usually controlled by a vacuum motor that moves a flap between the long runners and the short runners. With any luck, the problem will be a vacuum line broken or disconnected from the motor. Worst case scenario, the flapper will be broken and jammed and the intake will have to come off. Check under the hood for any small vacuum hoses that are in bad condition or disconnected. If you need to go further than that, contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Hyundai and let you know what it will take to fix it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr