Q: Glow Plug warning Light is On

asked by on November 24, 2016

I'm driving golf 5 tdi 20 my car having been giving this problem for sometime now I thought the light will go but the light keeps on coming n go right now is not there is an orange light on the dashboard so I have take my car to machenic and we bought new glow plugs and replaced them and machenic told me 3 where damaged so we put new 4 of them and I drive the car for a week and light is back again I took it back to him even him don't know the cause of the light anymore

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The little orange light that looks like a spring is the Glow Plug Warning Light. But when it comes on, it doesn’t necessarily mean you have a problem with your glow plugs. Like the check engine light, it means that the engine computer has detected a fault and stored a trouble code to represent it. The car needs to be scanned by the appropriate diagnostic equipment, a generic OBDII scanner may not do the trick. By contacting Your Mechanic, you can get a qualified technician with the right equipment to come to your home or office to diagnose your car and tell you what needs to be done.