Q: Glow Plug warning Light is On

I'm driving golf 5 tdi 20 my car having been giving this problem for sometime now I thought the light will go but the light keeps on coming n go right now is not there is an orange light on the dashboard so I have take my car to machenic and we bought new glow plugs and replaced them and machenic told me 3 where damaged so we put new 4 of them and I drive the car for a week and light is back again I took it back to him even him don't know the cause of the light anymore

The little orange light that looks like a spring is the Glow Plug Warning Light. But when it comes on, it doesn’t necessarily mean you have a problem with your glow plugs. Like the check engine light, it means that the engine computer has detected a fault and stored a trouble code to represent it. The car needs to be scanned by the appropriate diagnostic equipment, a generic OBDII scanner may not do the trick. By contacting Your Mechanic, you can get a qualified technician with the right equipment to come to your home or office to diagnose your car and tell you what needs to be done.

3. Glow Plug warning Light is On